Ray Foley compiles Worst Christmas Songs
98FM’s Ray Foley has been asking listeners to vote for the Top Ten Worst Christmas Songs, and is surprised at the result.
Listeners voted twice for ￼Fairytale of New York so Ray is now admimant that at least the Ronan Keating version of the song won’t be played on his show this year.
“It’s a shock that Fairytale Of New York appeared twice, but it’s a victim of it’s own success. Texters complained that The Pogues’ version gets too much airplay in the run-up to Christmas, while the Ronan Keating cover was just a bad
idea,” Ray said.
“So, even though we love his other stuff, there’ll be no Ro on 98FM this Christmas. We’ll definitely stick on The Pogues though – it just wouldn’t be Christmas without it!”
Top Ten Worst Christmas Songs in full
1: Fairytale of New York – Ronan Keating & Moya Brennan
2. Mistletoe and Wine – Cliff Richard
3. A Space Man Came Travelling – Chris De Burgh
4. Santa Baby – Madonna
5. The Darkness – Don’t Let The Bells End
6. Stop the Cavalry – Jonah Lewie
7. Fairytale of New York –The Pogues
8. Silver Bells – Perry Como
9. Wonderful Christmas Time – Paul McCartney
10. Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
What are you up to? Tell us about news from your show or station via firstname.lastname@example.org