JNLR: Radio continues to attract 85.5% share of audio
The latest JNLR listenership figures released today show that Irish radio stations continue to attract an 85.5% share of the audio market in Ireland.
This compares with 8.1%% own music, 4.9% Spotify and 1.6% Podcast.
“At a time when there is increased pressure and competition for advertising spend it is vital that advertising agencies, media planners and clients are aware of the unparalleled ability of radio to reach consumers. 3.1 million people listen to Irish radio daily and for an average of 4 hours every single day,” said Gabrielle Cummins, Chairperson of the Choose Radio Group.
JNLR July 2018 – the facts
1. 82% of people in Ireland listened to the radio yesterday.
2. On average, they spend in excess of 4 hours with radio every day.
3. When it comes to any audio listening in Ireland, live radio rules with 85.5%. This compares to 8.1% of owned music and 4.9% to Spotify.
4. Radio also dominates when compared with other media – 51.94% of all adults in Ireland used Social Media yesterday and just 31.12% read a national newspaper.
5. 254,000 people in Ireland listened to radio via a radio station App and 72.6% listened via the Irish Radioplayer in the last seven days.
6. Irish radio’s strong on-air performance is complemented across its digital platforms with over 10.2 million social connections.
Send your results to email@example.com to be included in our station round-up later today.