New breakfast show & revamped schedule for Q102

Dublin’s Q102 has announced a rearranged weekday schedule, which the station say is a “new way to spend your day with Q”.

Starting next Monday, 19th October Dave Harrington takes over breakfast hosting duties from 6am each weekday at the UTV-owned station, and he promises it will be a more refreshing morning show than that which listeners are used to.

Harrington told RadioToday:

“Having built up the station’s afternoon show over the past 7 years I’m now looking forward to waking up Dublin! I’m planning on setting 3 different alarm clocks…just in case. Expect great music, great prizes & the perfect way to start your day”.

Liam Coburn will continue to play “The Right Song Right Now” from 10am and Aidan Cooney will take the helm from 2pm each afternoon.

Scott Williams will now front a new drive time show from 5pm with all the days news and happenings and a mix of music, while Debbie Allen continues hosting The Love Zone from 7pm each weekday evening.

Assistant PD Matt Dempsey tells us:

“We are really excited about our new presenter line up and can’t wait to get started ! Watch out for extensive Q102 advertising on TV and outdoor in the coming weeks”.

You might also like

6 Comments

1. Keith Boland on Facebook says

They had to do something they were well down in last jnlr book . Think Scott needs to hang his boots up he’s been around long time now probably as long as uncle gogan lol

2. Radiocomment says

This is very close to the old q102 schedule. They seem to have dropped the more music less talk liner also

3. Keith Boland on Facebook says

Very true as Scott was on drive time before , it’s the right music @ the right time or something, think Scott needs to go in back round make way for younger talent , Aidan coney stick with tv 😂

4. Bob McKenzie on Facebook says

Dave Harrington will do well on breakfast hes a good choice & Aidan Cooney is a great broadcaster. There is no point in Q looking for a younger audience its not their target market. using the old FM104 liners & jingles has helped push them up the rankings in Dublin but I think Dave will increase their market share at breakfast- best of luck to all & of course they have brought back Lynsey Dolan as well who has always garnered a decent listnership

5. Jacob Lang says

Their music is very poor and extremely repititive. They can make all the changes they like, but the fact of the matter is Q102 makes me feel older than I actually am, and that’s a bad thing. I shall keep listening to Ivan and Chris on Newstalk which are both very entertaining and yet very informative and engaging radio presenters.

6. Pamela says

I’m very dissappointed with the new schedule. I listened to Aidan Cooney every weekday on my way home from work and thoroughly enjoyed his call Cooney show. He is an excellent radio presenter and very engaging with his listeners. I think changing the schedule was a bad idea. Scott Williams it’s not the right fit at all for this slot. I no longer listen to the new show. Im now a news talk listener in the morning and evening. Q102 – you know what to do…